Apply for funding
Proceeds from Global Pride have been regranted to support the Pride movement and Pride organizations worldwide. Pride organizations work on the front lines as beacons of hope and connectivity providing the world’s most vulnerable with human rights and social justice community-based support. The proceeds have been distributed into three areas:
- Pride organizations that are in financial distress due to COVID19
- Organizations / groups / Pride organizations to support projects that empower LGBTQI+ communities or Pride events in underserved communities or regions
- Pride organizations with specific work that promotes change to end generations of inequities, racism, injustice, and systemic oppression
Pride organizations were able to apply for more than one fund, but were required to complete separate applications for each fund for which they were requesting support.
COVID19 Relief Fund
50% of the proceeds from Global Pride will be allocated to organizations in financial distress due to COVID19. The actual amount will be determined in mid-August, prior to the committee meeting to disburse the funds.
Awards will be for USD 1,000 and are designed to provide some financial relief to Pride organizations that have suffered a financial loss due to COVID19 because of canceling an event or loss of income. This support is not for programming or producing events.
Applications to the Relief Fund for Pride organizations in financial distress fund were due by August 15, 2020 and no further applications are being accepted.
- Dave Wait, InterPride (USA)
- Steve Taylor, European Pride Organisers Association (Denmark)
- Ronald Zinke, CSD Deutschland (Germany)
- Linda DeMarco, InterPride (USA)
- Ron deHarte, US Association of Prides (USA)
Support fund (click to open)
Fifty-percent of the proceeds from Global Pride will be allocated to the Support Fund. The sub-committee of this fund will determine the amount for each purpose when they review the applications. This fund is to support programming, producing events or racial justice activities.
Applications for these two funds had rolling deadlines of August 15 2020, September 15 2020 and October 15 2020. Applications are now closed and no further applications are accepted.
- Purpose 1: Organizations / groups / Pride organizations to support projects that empower LGBTQI+ communities or Pride events in underserved communities or regions.
- An initial award of USD900 will be issued when the application is approved, the remaining USD100 will be issued once a final report is received
- The activity must take place by October 31, 2021
- The final report is to consist of a one-page summary of the event and two photographs of the event. The final report is due within 60 days for the event
- Purpose 2: Pride organizations with specific work that promotes change to end inequities due to racism, injustice, and oppression. These awards will range between USD1,000 and USD10,000.
- The initial award will be for 90% of the grant, the remaining 10% will be issued once a final report is received
- The work must be completed by October 31, 2021
- The final report is to consist of a summary of the program, a financial report of the program, and two documents/pictures that shows the work taking place. The final report is due within 60 days of the work being completed.
A screening sub-committee consisting of individuals that served on the Global Pride Secretariat reviewed the applications. The goal was to have all of these funds awarded by November 15, 2020. The program or event must be completed by September 30, 2021.
- Robyn Kennedy, InterPride (Australia)
- Jen LaBarbera, San Diego Pride (USA)
- Julian Sanjivan, InterPride (USA)
- J Andrew Baker, InterPride (Switzerland)
- Marsha H Levine, US Association of Prides (USA)
- Matthew Van As, InterPride (South Africa)
- Uwe Hörner, European Pride Organisers Association (Germany)
The committee agreed to use the InterPride definitions on what a Pride Organization and Pride event are, and the following is an extract from the InterPride Bylaws.
Pride Organization – An organization* that produces Pride Events as one of its major purposes or activities; and
- Operates in the manner of a Non-governmental organization (NGO); and
- Any profits of the organization must benefit the LGBTQIA+ communities.
*The organization may be either registered or unregistered with their local authority.
Pride Event – A parade, march, rally, festival, arts festival, cultural activity or other event/ activity, and is at least partially open to the general public, organized for people identifying as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex and/or other emerging sexual identities and promoting the visibility and/or validating the existence of those persons and commemorating the Stonewall Riots and/or a similar historic event/annual/periodic event and produced by a Pride Organization.